Sea days. Flu jabs and bingo.

Staff coming in for flu jabs in the crew mess
Over the sea days I have been helping out the infirmary with flu vaccinations for staff which took place in the crew mess.  It all went like clock-work.  Crew's ID cards were scanned in, for record purposes, a nurse and doctor then had the staff bare their left arms and gave them their flu jab.  The morning's session was very busy, the afternoon not so.

Amy from Shore Excursions wanted a bit of feedback from a excursions bingo quiz relating to Australia so the captain's wife and I joined in with the guests.  Guests were very enthusastic about the session.  The completed row prizes were some chocolates and the fully completed card/full house prize was a free shore excursion.  The questions were good but there will need to be a bit of tweaking to timing and the amount of questions to ask per row before all the questions run out for the full card/full house round.  It was good though.

Unfortunately my sadness from seeing the staff saying goodbye to their loved ones in Bali has left me a bit emotional.  Family is so important and I miss my deceased parents and sister very much.  We had dinner with the Captain this evening and I only just managed to keep myself together before fleeing back to the cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ushuaia, Argentina.

While in port today another ship was berthed alongside the MS Prinsendam .  She is almost the 'sister' ship of the Prinsendam becaus...