Sea day, Tasman Sea and Bass Strait, Australia. Christmas Eve.



Image may contain: indoor
The shop is closed but I was able to take this photo through the door shutters.
Last night we popped by to see Christina in the shops and ended up helping her and another staff member blow up balloons.  Before blowing up a balloon, we rolled up a voucher and passed it through the neck of the balloon so that it was inside, then blew up the balloon.  I had to get Christina to tie off the balloons for me because I had no strength in my fingers to tie the knots.  By the time I went to bed my lips and surrounding skin were stinging from the rubber.  A large dollop of vaseline helped to sooth them.  But for poor Paul - I was definitely not in a kissing mood!

This morning Barry (piano bar entertainer) and I joined Christina to help out a bit with the balloon popping event.  Last nights balloons had been placed on the jewellery counter tops and on the word 'go', guests were to grab a balloon each and pop it to see what they had a voucher and if they had won anything.  Barry and I ended up picking up the litter and popped balloons. 

Other than than this morning's events, today's sea day was quiet enough.  Guests who boarded the ship in Sydney were still trying to orientate themselves, getting from A to B.  One chap headed to the Navigation deck door as we exited it and promptly turned around on his heel, saying:  "oops, wrong direction".  I think his cabin was down the other end of the ship!

Time to get ready for dinner with Christina, Barry and a few others!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ushuaia, Argentina.

While in port today another ship was berthed alongside the MS Prinsendam .  She is almost the 'sister' ship of the Prinsendam becaus...