A Bit of This & That, and Final Scuba Dive

Paul relaxing
Over the last 2 days or so we have been either relaxing or I've been attending my diving course which I have thoroughly enjoyed.  Thanks to Paul who encouraged me to do the course.  I have always enjoyed swimming and being under water.  I remember holding my breath under water with my sister, and seeing who could hold our breath the longest.  Underwater swimming was our forté at school too.  Scuba diving allows me to spend time under water and being able to breathe at the same time.  Being weightless, the silence (apart from hearing myself breath with the tank) and seeing life beneath the waves just adds to the wonderful feeling.

This morning we drove to Porto Vecchio and had a wander around the old town, meandering through narrow cobbled streets.  We also visited a church, the inside of which was beautiful.  A nondescript-looking chapel opposite was also lovely inside. By midday the streets had got a lot busier and eventually the town was almost heaving.  It was time to leave.  Also I had to get back to La Chiappa and the Hippocampe Dive Centre for my final training dive.

I have finally completed my course and have now gained my open water divers' licence. It is exciting but caution will not be thrown into the wind each time I dive.  It has associated risks and things to constantly bear in mind and look out for.  Having said that though, I look forward to further dives.


PHOTOGRAPHS

The church



Inside the chapel.
 



With today's dive buddy and her husband

I forgot my sunhat!








 













Getting out of the water and gravity hits  - I can hardly get up!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Ushuaia, Argentina.

While in port today another ship was berthed alongside the MS Prinsendam .  She is almost the 'sister' ship of the Prinsendam becaus...