Montreal, Canada. Turn-around day.

Paul was up early 😫 when the ship docked and I was up not long after so that I could say ‘goodbye’ to Judy and Fred before they left the ship.  Fortunately Paul had finished work on the bridge so he was able to join us for breakfast.  As usual, I hate goodbyes but that is the way life is sometimes.  Keeping in touch with friends is important, no matter how far away they may be.  I know that I will see people again at some point in time.

The rest of the day was a quite one for me.  Although it was the ship’s turn-around day I decided not to take a wander around Montreal so spent a bit of time sorting out photographs.  A bit later on Paul and I got off the ship and went into the terminal to make use of the free Wi-Fi.  Our mobile phones and tablets needed software updates and fortunately the Wi-Fi signal was excellent so downloads went very fast.  I tried to update maps on my phone but made a bit of a mess of it.  I ended up deleted them off the phone and will upload them again another time.


Departure was uneventful, but for one family – not so.  They got left behind.  Dad dropped his family off at the terminal and went to drop off the rented vehicle at the car hire place.  His wife and children checked in and boarded the ship.  Time went on and unfortunately dad didn’t come back…  Closer to departure time his wife and children got off the ship to wait for him in the terminal.  In the end the ship couldn’t wait and had to leave without them.  Dad was last seen on the other side of the road and railway line, unable to cross on foot.  As and when he gets to the terminal he and his family will have to make their own way to Quebec City and meet the ship there tomorrow.

Our route: heading towards Quebec City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ushuaia, Argentina.

While in port today another ship was berthed alongside the MS Prinsendam .  She is almost the 'sister' ship of the Prinsendam becaus...