Docked in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Paul was woken up during the wee hours of the morning to do a stint of watch duty because of fog.  He came back to bed around 4:30am and slept until around 9am, which was nice for him.  But he was still very tired during the day.

I didn't put my name down for a tour today as most of them are ones I have been on; and I also wanted to relax for a change.

I noticed that the ship's EXC guide was going to do a talk on tartans and Scottish clothing, more so of the clothing eventually worn by the Scots in Halifax when they arrived in Nova Scotia.  Having had a Scottish father, I went to have a chat with her to see if the guide wanted a bit of help with preparation for her talk.  As it turned out - yes, she didn't know how to pronounce a few words and what certain things were.  So I got her sorted and promised I would attend her talk later on, to give her some sort of support.  At the end of the day the EXC guide gave her talk and she managed to do a good job.  Her only pronunciation that went wrong was 'sporran', with the final accent on the final words 'ran', calling it sporRAN, - which a guest corrected her about afterwards.  

I wanted to bring this 'cool dude' moose back with me!
At one point I went down to the cruise terminal because there was a small market with stalls selling arts and crafts.  It was nice to have a wander around and browse.  I was good - I didn't buy anything! 😊  I had hoped to pick up some maple liquor but there was plenty of maple syrup or maple syrup sweets.  Maybe another time ...

I think Paul is going to have an early night.  He is still tired and there is also the likelihood that he will be called for fog watch again.  

Our next port of call?  Sydney, Nova Scotia; northeast of Halifax.








PHOTOGRAPHS

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Ushuaia, Argentina.

While in port today another ship was berthed alongside the MS Prinsendam .  She is almost the 'sister' ship of the Prinsendam becaus...