Back in Bar Harbour, Maine.

The Maasdam had no choice but to sail through fog again as we headed to Boston.  Paul has been fortunate not to be on fog watch too much as it seems clear around midnight.  

View of Bar Harbour from the Maasdam's forward camera.
Boston, yesterday, was a turnaround port and as usual there a 'zero count' was in force and everyone had to disembark including non-revenue passengers.  It was chilly outside the terminal unfortunately and was glad to be able to get back on board when allowed to do so.

We sailed overnight from Boston up to Bar Harbour where we have set anchor for a couple of hours.  It was a cloudy, overcast day.  In a way it would have been nice to have gone on a tour but on the other hand I'm glad I didn't.  

Me and Karen with our new lobster friend.  Thanks to Karen for this
photo.  Oh yes .... the ice cream shop sells lobster
ice cream.  I didn't try it ....
Paul needed more stationery so a bit later I joined forces with Karen (singer) and 2 other staff members for a bit of a wander around town and pick up things as and when.  There was a market in a small park in town so we had a bit of a looksy around while there.  

Bar Harbour is a lovely little port town and situated on the outskirts of Acadia National Park.  The park itself is well worth a visit.  It is a beautiful part of the world from what I remember from a tour or two that I did last year when the Maasdam was here.  

When I got back to the Maasdam I was greeted by a staff member with a tray of steaming cups of hot chocolate.  Being a bit numb from the cold - I soon had my paws around a cup and felt myself defrosting from the tips of my fingers down to my ankles.  
The Maasdam's route to Halifax.

The Maasdam left Bar Harbour around about 3pm but I was too tired to stay awake.  I needed an afternoon nap.  

Tomorrow we arrive in Halifax.  Paul is talking about heading to bed early in case he is on fog watch so ... time to hit the sack.  Also bear in mind that the clocks go forward 1 hour.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ushuaia, Argentina.

While in port today another ship was berthed alongside the MS Prinsendam .  She is almost the 'sister' ship of the Prinsendam becaus...