Sea day, heading towards Quebec City

Image result for ship emoticon

Ahhhh… the motion of the ocean and bright sunny skies. 

I’ve not much to say other than I’m back in the land of the living after having spent a few days in bed with a nasty cold.  Germs keep doing the rounds and my immune system had coped pretty well up until now. 



Although I’ve had to cancel going on a few tours, it was probably for the best.  When going to the Lido restaurant today I’ve been getting long looks whenever I’ve coughed (discreetly into my elbow) as if I shouldn’t be there at all!  It’s a pity because people forget that they themselves have had colds on whilst on this cruise – sniffing, coughing and spluttering; spreading their germs.  I’ve been feeling well enough today to get up, feeling great apart from the bunged up hooter and cough , otherwise I wouldn’t be out of the cabin.  Needless to say I’ve cancelled going on a tour tomorrow so that I don’t get long looks.  Anyway, moany session over.  

This afternoon I went to help with folding the tour brochures.  Nobody was there apart from 3 boxes of separate brochure pages and someone had started collate some brochure pages together but they hadn’t been stapled.  I ended getting on with stapling. Once that was finished I started collating the brochure pages, building up a nice tidy pile then going over to the stapling machine and stapling them.  Paul popped down stairs and helped me, just for a few minutes in order untangle his brain from computer work and give his eyeballs a rest.  I was very nearly at the end of collating the brochure pages when one of the ladies from shore excursions arrived.  She was very apologetic that she had been so late.  The team had been extremely busy with guests so nobody came down earlier to help.  I didn’t mind – at least the job was almost done and it had been of help to the shore excursions team.  The last of the pages were done and then it was time for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ushuaia, Argentina.

While in port today another ship was berthed alongside the MS Prinsendam .  She is almost the 'sister' ship of the Prinsendam becaus...