Montreal, Canada. Turn-around day



It was lovely and sunny when we docked in Montreal.  Rain was expected but never materialised.  I can’t believe when we were here 2 weeks ago it was very chilly – and today it was lovely and warm.

Staff, as usual, was hectically busy preparing cabins as each guest left.  They are often under a lot of pressure to get things done ‘just right’ and on time. 

As usual, I didn’t really want to get off the ship to wander around Montreal on my own so I spent much of the day trying to figure things out with my blog on BlogSpot and improving its layout and look.  Mmmmm…..  Unfortunately the site uses HTML encoding so I cannot get things to work the way I want it to, such as picture placements, margins and its final published look.  It all goes awry which is quite infuriating for me – not being a computer geek.  I also started putting on some of my blogs that go back to when Paul and I joined the Maasdam in Peru at the start of his new contract.  I’ve been doing my blogs on facebook and will keep doing so for the time being, and run it in parallel with BlogSpot for the time being.  Hopefully I will catch up almost 3 months’ worth of blogs on BlogSpot.  Unfortunately I’ve got quite a few photographs so instead of loading them onto BlogSpot I’ve put a link to my photographs that are already on facebook.  Hopefully I will figure how putting pictures on BlogSpot works – currently those I have put on look a bit ‘all over the show’.  L

 A bit later on Paul had a little bit of time to spare so we went to the cruise terminal to get free Wi-Fi and to try to download any programme updates on our Ipads.  The terminal has been newly built but is not complete so it was a bit of an empty shell inside and building works still going on outside.  Whilst waiting for the updates to take place we noticed that there was a film crew.  We wondered if it was the opening ceremony for the unfinished terminal!

Some bright spark managed to throw up ๐Ÿ˜– in the lido swimming pool soon after we left Montreal, spoiling the swim for fellow guests.   The guests have been left high and dry; possibly not very happy either.  The pool will be out of action until it can be emptied and sanitised, likely the day after tomorrow.  Guests can use the aft outside pool if they wish – bearing in mind it may be a bit on the chilly side.

On reading the above paragraph after I typed it Paul commented drily, but with a twinkle in his eye, that “staff have been wondering what the guest had eaten - the water now looks like bullion with tiny meatballs!”  Eish!!!!!  ๐Ÿ˜ณ

My black sense of humour has really got the better of me over the last few days, possibly much to Paul’s dismay and that of the staff.  For example, yesterday (late evening) I went to get my hair trimmed at the on-board salon.  I saw some of the spa therapists sitting on the floor sorting out lotions, potions and various body scrubs and salt crystals, many of the containers having their lids off.  I leaned over one of the girls and said to her in a loud stage whisper that she needs to be careful not to sniff the scrubs or salts – people may think the girls are snorting wacky baccy.  In another crazy moment this afternoon I saw a hairdresser handing out small plastic bags with spa vouchers in them.  I went over to her, when there was no guest around, and said ‘aaahhhh, handing out the vomit bags eh?’!!!  ๐Ÿ˜‰ Needless to say she paused to digest what she had just heard and her face was a picture when the penny dropped.  Yep, she said, they might very well need them later when we start sailing!  It’s good to laugh but I must also rein in my tongue in case I offend anyone.  I can assure you that, although I may be a bit wacky, I’m not on any wacky baccy!  (I’ve just looked up its definition on urbandictionary.com and it says:  wacky baccy  An informal name for the godsent cannabis. Also Wacky. From Latin "Waccius Baccius" meaning 'to get high and chill, man'.”  Methinks that just about sums it up nicely!)

Nite nite.


Route to our next destination:  Quebec City


PICTURES

Cruise terminal is partly completed



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Ushuaia, Argentina.

While in port today another ship was berthed alongside the MS Prinsendam .  She is almost the 'sister' ship of the Prinsendam becaus...