Mishap day

We were tired when the alarm went off but I had a GP appointment to go to. Unfortunately roads through the town were closed off due to a fair in the town centre. Not knowing the town very well, it took a bit of trial and error to negotiate around it as well as using the satnav to help us.

We rocked up with minutes to spare and discovered that the appointment was next week! We didn't look a the appointment slip carefully enough at the time of booking the appointment, and we thought we had made it for this week. The receptionist was unable to fit us in today but kindly re-arranged for me to come back on Monday instead.

Paul dropped me off at Sue & Ian's place went to get car's aircon sorted out whilst I had a nap. I was so tired and needed some sleep.

Paul rocked up at the garage where he had booked an appointment for the car's aircon system to be looked at. Unfortunately the garage's machine was broken so they couldn't do anything. They couldn't ring us in advance to tell us not to come because a technician hadn't taken down our telephone numbers at the time of booking, to contact us. With nothing else he could do, Paul looked at a few places to see if they could fit the car in but they were all booked up. The car will be looked at on Monday instead.

Later on we went Tesco in Pontypool to get Tesco Mobile to look at my phone. I've had a sim swap to a micro sim for my new Samsung mobile phone and whatapp contacts have not automatically come through even though I still have the same number. After over an hour of fiddling around, the chappie couldn't find a solution. It all had something to do with the fact that my old phone was a Nokia, Windows-type, phone and Samsung is android. So some things are not quite compatible even if you have backed up information. I had also noticed that my telephone contacts had not transferred - only some via google and facebook. We left non the wiser but determined to get to the bottom of things by trying again ourselves.

I hope tomorrow will be a better day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ushuaia, Argentina.

While in port today another ship was berthed alongside the MS Prinsendam .  She is almost the 'sister' ship of the Prinsendam becaus...