Sea day, heading towards Cairns.

Our route to Cairns from Hamilton Island.
We are now at sea, heading towards Cairns and will dock there tomorrow.

Last night we attended a performance by "Soul Mystique".  It is an Australian couple who have perfected the art of "quick change", taking it to a new level.  They were very good.  Within seconds of a cloth being drawn across them or thrown over them and withdrawn - they would appear in a totally different outfit. Blimey!

Today, whilst accompanying Paul on his rounds on the ship, someone run over my foot on his electric buggy near the front desk/reception.  The guy didn't hang around to apologise and rode off.  Fortunately it was witnessed by staff who are prepared to identify him if needed.  Initially I was 'ok' but within less than 5 minutes the pain hit and I burst into tears.  I took the lift back up to the Navigation Deck and went back to the cabin whilst Paul fetched bag of ice for me which I put on my foot to help ease the bruising and swelling.  I have been left with a tyre track bruise across my foot...

Whilst spending the afternoon with my foot up and covered in an ice bag, Ananda from the shops popped by to say 'hello'.  She was having her 2 hour break.  It was good to see her and time passed by quickly.  It was nice to have some company.

There was an Indonesian dinner for staff in one of the function rooms and it was a good mix of people.  The food was delicious!

Post-blog: The pictures I've posted on this blog were taken 2 days later after the incident so the swelling and bruising have eased.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ushuaia, Argentina.

While in port today another ship was berthed alongside the MS Prinsendam .  She is almost the 'sister' ship of the Prinsendam becaus...