Rarotonga, Cook Islands



We arrived in Rarotonga a day later than I had stated in my last blog – I had got dates mixed up and forgotten to add an extra day to my ‘mind’.  Ooops! 😲 It has been sunny and warm, the sea fairly calm and it is only a short tender to the port.  Arrival was a bit earlier than expected so tender service got off to a fairly good start and also tour groups leaving on time.

I have not been assigned a tour today but got off when Paul did a tender inspection.  He took a few minutes out of his time to walk into town and back again with me – a good excuse to stretch the legs and get a breath of fresh air.  It was so hot that we felt as if we were melting.  A couple of times I thought my bladder had sneakily having bouts of incontinence 😶 but it was perspiration, not only tricking (and tickling) down my back but also down my legs!  Unfortunately some of the photographs we took are dated as 11/04/17 rather than 10/04/17 but it was soon rectified and the camera re-set.  Paul stayed on land to continue with his tender inspections as they arrived at the harbour whereas I took the first available tender back to the ship and to the sanctuary of the air-conditioned cabin ðŸ˜Œ I was so tired that I had to have a late afternoon nap on the sofa – which is where Paul found me when it was time for dinner.

Paul and I have been trying our best to have a walk  on the promenade deck before dinner.  Clocking up 3 miles has been rather hot work because of the tropical muggy heat.  Last night I ended up going for a swim afterwards in order to cool down.  We are trying to get a bit fitter for the summer as we hope to go to join a group of walkers in Germany.  We may not do the full 10 days of walking but we aim to join them and have a break in between.  We should have walked this evening before dinner but having a walk into town and back again could possibly classified as our daily walk. ðŸ˜‡

No automatic alt text available.
Route to our next destination:  Uturoa, Raiatea, French Polynesia

PHOTOGRAPHS


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Ushuaia, Argentina.

While in port today another ship was berthed alongside the MS Prinsendam .  She is almost the 'sister' ship of the Prinsendam becaus...