Anchored, Vaitape, Bora Bora (day 1), French Polynesia


Image may contain: sky, ocean, mountain, outdoor, nature and water

Bora Bora is not far from the island of Raiatea so the “all aboard” time was 10:30pm but that meant Paul had to work late.  And with the arrival in Raiatea this morning he was up early again.  Poor chap was so tired this morning that when his wakeup call came through he just wanted to go back to sleep!  As much as I wanted to go back to sleep – I didn’t, until he got up, just in case he dozed off again 😫.

I didn’t get off the ship today.  We are anchored overnight and I have a tour tomorrow so I will get off then.   It’s also my excuse to avoid the heat as much as possible!  Every now and then a curtain of rain has passed nearby, out to sea, sometimes coming in towards the island.  Towards dinner time there was a nice thunderstorm, nature playing with sound effects and lightning.

Around lunch time Paul and I had a well-deserved haircut.  Well, I thought Paul looked fine but he felt otherwise.  So out came the number 3 clippers …  I’ve not had a haircut since February, apart from bullying 😉 Paul every now and then into trying to cut the hair at the back of my neck in a straight line to keep it from getting too long (but without topping me in the process! 😂)

We shall see what tomorrow holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ushuaia, Argentina.

While in port today another ship was berthed alongside the MS Prinsendam .  She is almost the 'sister' ship of the Prinsendam becaus...