Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Over the last few days we have been at sea.  We were due to anchor at Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas on 3rd January but unfortunately the port was cancelled because of strong winds. It is something that the captain doesn't take lightly - putting lives at risk in order not to disappoint vs putting safety first.

Miami is a turn around port today, before heading out for the South American Grand Voyage.  I got off the ship for a few hours and went by bus into town for a wander.  Unfortunately I have never taken a sailor's mission bus so I was particularly nervous as to where to get dropped off, etc; and so was initially very reluctant to go.  Fortunately the chief engineer's wife was also going into town on the bus so I went with her; and on the way back I teamed up with the HR Manageress.  It was easier than I thought.

I spent a few good hours, having a wander around.  But no - I was good.  I didn't spend much - just picked up 2 packets of M&Ms (next best thing to smarties) and 2 packets of crisps.  Er .. and a bikini because my current one is just about to fall apart!

The Prinsendam is fully loaded and we are now setting off on the South American Grand Voyage - an 80 day cruise.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Ushuaia, Argentina.

While in port today another ship was berthed alongside the MS Prinsendam .  She is almost the 'sister' ship of the Prinsendam becaus...