Spa day and a countryside drive.

Paul was on a course this past week so his sister, Gwenny, and I met up on Wednesday went to a Elysium Wellness Resort/spa.

It was pointless that Gwenny and I went in 2 cars to go to the spa so I drove to Gwenny's house to fetch her and then we could go to the spa together.  Getting to her house in Zoetermeer wasn't a problem but I got a wee bit stressed out from the traffic getting there.  Also the satnav took me via a route that I didn't recognise so I thought I was lost (which was rubbish of course).  I breathed a sigh of relief when I finally started to recognise where I was.

Whilst at the spa Gwenny and I had a lovely massage - it was so good that we almost fell asleep.  It was a matter of "can you let me stay here fore a couple more hours?" - but of course we didn't.  Instead we made most of the day, going for a swim, going to a sauna, jacuzzi and more.  By the time left I felt almost 'legless' - very relaxed!

I got Gwenny to drive us back to her place and then I would drive back the rest of the way to Rijsbergen.  As we were passing a traffic light and turning left into a dual carriage road the car suddenly 'died'.  There was not a peep from the engine.  Quick as a flash Gwenny hit the hazard light button before trying the car's ignition.  Fortunately the car started after a 2 or so tries.  Whew!  We got back to Gwenny's house but we were worried that the car might stop again altogether so I had strict instructions to telephone Gwenny if the car broke down; and she would come out to fetch me or get a recovery vehicle sent out to me.  Fortunately the car behaved herself and I had no problems getting back to Rijsbergen.  I sent Gwenny a message though to say that I had arrived.

Today's route, more or less.
Today we took a drive to Monschau in western Germany, near the Belgian border.  Paul's mum mum came with us to get out of the house and have a change of scenery.  There have been reports of snow but not where we were so it was a good time to see a bit of snow.  We took a nice winding route, trying to avoid some of the motorways.  It was getting quite late by the time we got to Monschau so we didn't get out and wander through the town.  It is a bit of a pity because the centre of town is still in the old medieval style.  I'm looking forward to visiting and exploring Monschau properly another day, if all goes well.  Unfortunately we didn't stop to take photographs during our drive - the scenery was very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ushuaia, Argentina.

While in port today another ship was berthed alongside the MS Prinsendam .  She is almost the 'sister' ship of the Prinsendam becaus...