Down time.

Kunstijsbaan Breda (picture off the internet to give you an idea of
what the venue looks like).
After a hectic few days it was time to have some fun.  Paul and I have not ice skated for many years so he thought it would be a nice treat to go to Breda to an ice rink for a change.

We nearly gave up going there, initially, because of traffic and the near by car parks were full.  We wondered what was going on at the rink!  Fortunately we persevered and found a spot.  The ice rink venue wasn't very busy so we think there must have been an event happening somewhere near the ice rink.

Having not ice skated in years, I was very wobbly on my feet for the first round or two.  Eventually I got into the swing of things.  Paul was much better than me right from the moment we stepped on the ice but he was patient enough to wait for me.  We stopped after a while because the muscles in my legs started to cramp from the stress of trying to hold me up.  After a breather we headed back out on the ice.  We could have skated for longer but I started to get blisters and gave up when they became too sore. 

The rink building was nice and spacious with a cordoned off area in the middle of the ice rink for beginners, very young children or for anyone who felt unsure of themselves on the main rink.  The way to get to the middle area was to go down a tunnel beside the rink and up into the middle.

We enjoyed ourselves and didn't fall on our derrières once!  I wonder how stiff we will be tomorrow 😐

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ushuaia, Argentina.

While in port today another ship was berthed alongside the MS Prinsendam .  She is almost the 'sister' ship of the Prinsendam becaus...