On the road again and an x-ray.

Today's route
Yesterday we took a slow drive from Fairwood Lakes Holiday Park to a campsite on the north side of the Brecon Beacons in Wales, enjoying the scenery along the way.  Pencelli Castle Caravan & Camping Park (http://www.pencelli-castle.com/) is a nice family run campsite with nice views of the Brecons. 

After setting up the caravan we drove over a mountain pass to Brynmawr and spent the evening with friends.  It was good to see Sue, Ian, their human and fur family.

Our caravan
Today we headed back to Brynmawr to see a doctor about a sore finger.   I wrenched my right middle digit (sods law!) during a high speed speedboat ride in New Zealand whilst in Akaroa and didn't get it seen to at the time.  It's still sore so I decided to do something that something had to be done about it because joint is still very sore and swollen on the side of the joint and I've been using a makeshift splint to keep it straight. 

I was referred for an x-ray and we went to the hospital in Ebbw Vale, not far from Brynmawr.  I didn't have to wait very long for the x-ray bit unfortunately the results weren't given immediately.  They should be to hand in about 10 days... oh well.  I hurt my finger three months ago so another wait for the results won't make any difference.  But the problem is ... we will be out of the country and heading to Tahiti before the results are to hand.  So in the meantime I will continue to strap the finger and hope it sorts itself out.  If it is still sore when we get back to England in June, I will see what can be done further.

Snow has been forecasted for tomorrow ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ushuaia, Argentina.

While in port today another ship was berthed alongside the MS Prinsendam .  She is almost the 'sister' ship of the Prinsendam becaus...